By Mark Graham Brown
"Killer Analytics exhibits companies how analytics are being utilized to degree elements of industrial functionality that routinely aren't measured. New components comprise innovation, sustainability, threat, undertaking mangement, and others. The ebook will express the worth of measuring every one zone after which supply implementation tips."--
Read Online or Download Killer analytics : top 20 metrics missing from your balance sheet PDF
Similar systems & planning books
This e-book showcases specific interviews with most sensible executives discussing the confirmed recommendations, philosophies, and strategies they use to aid their enterprises prevail. Readers can observe the management ideas to their day-by-day enterprise practices.
The hot fiscal advancements have strongly elevated the curiosity in changing uncooked fabric costs and particularly within the security from risky and extending costs. Jan Arnold integrates monetary and operational features right into a holistic method of commodity procurement. He indicates how one can mix operational options contemplating just-in-time procurement, stock keeping and backlogging with monetary suggestions contemplating spinoff tools into an optimum procurement plan below unstable procurement costs.
Following DK's bestselling crucial Managers and crucial Lifeskills sequence, either one of that have offered greater than 2,500,000 copies, the WorkLife sequence covers key subject matters in either own lifestyles, together with sensible counsel that might make a true distinction.
- Strategic Brand Management: Building, Measuring, and Managing Brand Equity, 4th Edition
- Change Lessons from the CEO: Real People, Real Change
- Entrepreneurship in the Global Firm: Enterprise and Renewal (SAGE Strategy series)
- Shaping the Future: A Dynamic Process for Creating and Achieving Your Company's Strategic Vision
- The management compass: steering the corporation using hoshin planning
- The Chief Information Officer's Body of Knowledge: People, Process, and Technology
Extra info for Killer analytics : top 20 metrics missing from your balance sheet
2. Minimize total number of metrics reviewed. Research on a balanced scorecard conducted by American Productivity and 12 ▸ KILLER ANALYTICS Quality Center (APQC) suggests that no executive should regularly review more than 20 high-level metrics. The problem with having to review 50-plus charts every month is lack of focus. No one can keep track of that many variables, and the likelihood of missing important factors increases, as does the tendency to micromanage. If most of the executive-level metrics are analytics, executives can regularly scan 10 to 15 high-level gauges to see how the organization is performing and then drill down into details when necessary.
These same data can be used to assess the performance of managers, which Google does every six months. Some authors suggest that employee engagement depends on the person, not the job or work environment. Their research suggests that some people are likely to be engaged employees and some are not, so careful selection is the key to having an engaged workforce. While I agree that there is some truth to this, I also think INTRODUCTION◂ 7 engagement has a lot more to do with the job and work environment.
The fact is that an analytics-based scorecard like this makes it more likely to detect minor problems since the data reporting screens alert viewers when they need to drill deeper into the data that makes up the high-level analytic. Without the warning light feature one needs to drill down into several layers of subsidiary metrics to make sure that the overall analytic measure is not hiding something. Myth: You need to learn and memorize complicated formulas in order to use analytic metrics to review and manage organizational performance.
Killer analytics : top 20 metrics missing from your balance sheet by Mark Graham Brown